Saturday, January 20, 2007

What a difference a year makes.

Last year I had an LCD projector and document reader to use in my classroom. I used it everyday in my teaching. I found it much easier to use than having to create transparencies to use on the overhead. I was able to hook up my laptop computer to the projector to incorporate the web, multi-media, hypermedia, and PowerPoint presentations into lessons. This year I have no technology available to use in my classroom, not even an overhead projector and have had to use a whiteboard and photocopies of materials. I'm interested in finding information on the use of LCD projectors and document readers in the classroom. I would love to hear from anyone using this technology in your classroom and how it has improved quality of lessons and if it has been a time saver for you. If you don't have this technology in your classroom, do you think it would enhance your teaching if you did have access to this technology.

1 comment:

bestauntiesuester said...

I love my document camera and LCD projector! I use it whenever I have to teach Health or whenever I want to show my students a great website on Health or Fitness on the internet. Our building finally has wireless internet building wide... even in the gym! It has truly set us free from making endless photocopies... everything is done via the computer and easily seen by the whole class via the LCD projector. When students have missed class they bring memory sticks to get missed presentations from us... like the software program I made for Brenda Mathis's class. I cannot imagine working without those tools. Our music department carelessly broke their LCD projector and document camera and are always trying to "borrow" ours... we are very territorial and rarely let ours go. Go for it. You know what you are missing.